Wednesday 7 September 2016

My Beetroot Harvest Smoothie

September is one of my favourite times of the year. The countryside is filling up with wild fruits and my organic garden is producing wonderful superfoods.

Yesterday evening Pilar and I took a walk in the local countryside, camera in hand and a foraging back in my pocket. Moving very quietly we saw both Muntjac and Roe Deer foraging on the very autumn fruits we had gone out to look for. Unfortunately, the light was fading fast so no worthy photos.

The bramble bushes are just starting to produce big, shiny blackberries. We harvested about a hundred big, ripe fruits as it's very important not to take too many at any one time. The wild animals rely on this annual harvest to fatten up to prepare for the winter. Only take what you immediately need, you can always go collecting another day.

This year I planted beetroot in between my runner bean plants. They've all done really well and I pulled four large beetroots for this smoothie. I also harvested the mint, apple, celery and spinach. it can't get fresher and more organic than this.

This smoothie recipe is sweet, smooth and delicious. It's also a great blood and liver regenerator. (fantastic hangover cure, apparently) Try and drink it fresh to get the best of the live enzymes and micro nutrients. This mix makes four and a half pint of deliciousness from my faithful MagiMix blender.

Give it a go and let me know what you think.
Cheers!



Come and join us on Facebook Pinterest Twitter Instagram

Please leave a comment and share, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment